Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to school

As my children start the school year, I can't help but wonder what the other kids think of them. Will they notice we're poor? Will they be made fun of? Will they fit in? Will they be left out?

I would assume that at their ages (4 and 7), kids don't really care about that kind of stuff. But I still worry. Thankfully they have both made friends and are loving school right now. I wish there was a way to bottle it all up and open it later in their more challenging years.

Should that day ever come where they're judged on their parents income, I hope they rise above it and remember everything we've taught them about life. I hope they remember how much fun we have without spending money. I hope they remember all the things we've taught them about friendships and how they're better off without judgmental friends. I hope they remember how God has always loved them and taken care of them and always will - and nothing else really matters.

Still... it's hard for a mother to have someone judge her kids for things beyond their control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment